Its a busy fall. Alicia will be on a panel at the New York Public Library in October, talking about her research on the printed ballot. She’s getting library famous!
We were featured in AIGA’s Eye on Design blog last summer about our 'hypothetical hack' project:
Eye on Design
We were honored and pleased to participate in the amazing 2018 Typographics conference:
We presented our studio Digressions project, so if you missed us in person, you can read about it here.
MGMT. participated in First Round, a day-long showcase of client presentations of initial design explorations and identity projects. Fun to be with such an excellent group of fellow designer folk at Parsons. Thanks UnderConsideration!
In Spring 2018, Alicia and Sarah enjoyed teaching a weekend poster workshop at MICA. The assignment was inspired by the "Great British Bake Off" and everyone was star baker...
We were invited by the Guggenheim to create an illustration that visualizes our interpretation of the institution. Part of an online series:
A video highlight from an exhibition on industrial designer Peter Muller-Munk at the Carnegie Museum of Art:
We curated a week of blog posts for Design Envy:
Our AIGA Design/Relief project is up and working -- check out this site by our awesome teammate, Anke Stohlmann of Li'l Robin:
We were pleased to be included in a group show at Cooper Union:
Our flag project was included in Fast Company's best infographics of 2012:
MGMT. has received awards from:
- Art Directors Club
- American Society of Magazine Editors (Modern Farmer handbook section)
- Print Magazine Design Annual
- Society of Enviornmental Graphic Designers (SEGD)
- AIGA 50 books/50 covers
- AIGA 365
- I.D. Magazine
- Society of Publication Designers
You can also find us in the following publications:
- Graphic Design: Now in Production by Ellen Lupton and Andrew Blauvelt
- Function, Restraint & Subversion in Typography by J. Namdev Hardisty
- Area 2, edited by Ellen Lupton
- New Exhibition Design 02 by by Philipp Teufel and Uwe Reinhardt
- Becoming a Graphic Designer, by Steven Heller
- What is Graphic Design For? by Alice Twemlow
- Raw Data: Infographic Designers' Sketchbooks, by Steven Heller and Rick Landers
- Infographics: Designing and Visualizing Data, edited by Wang Shaoqiang
- Understanding the World: The Atlas of Infographics by Sandra Rendgen / ed. Julius Wiedemann
- STEP magazine, "Women to Watch"
- Inside the Design Studio, by Steven Heller and Lita Talarico
- Space Safety Magazine
…and quite a few design magazines from overseas whose names we aren't quite sure of.
Alicia's desk got a write up in Fast Company:
Conan O'Brien mentioned our design for 'An Inconvenient Truth' on the Tonight Show in 2005 but we can't find the link anymore. If you find it, let us know!
Plus we give an excellent dog-and-pony show and have presented at a variety of AIGA events as well as various design schools. (No birthday parties.)